Saturday, January 11, 2020

What This Blog is About

My name is Becky and I’m the mom of a kid on the autism spectrum. I’m always reading and researching ways to help my little boy, who 6 years old. He is verbal and high-functioning and very intelligent; the sweetest little voice and the sweetest little kid. We’ve been on a journey, as all of us are on a journey in life, and it won’t stop anytime soon. :) There are times that I want to make a list of all the people, places, therapies, books, discussions, research, and websites that I’ve looked at over the past 4-5 years, when we started to realize our little boy was on the autism spectrum. So that is what this is- just a place for me to list all the resources I know about and all the things I’ve researched and all the things we have tried or are currently doing. Maybe this will help other parents of kids on the spectrum, maybe not, but I hope it will at least widen your knowledge of what is out there. Many thanks to all the moms, professionals, therapists, teachers, and family & friends who have helped us along our journey, picked us up, listened or were a shoulder to cry on when we needed it. We have such hope for what the future holds, because we see our little boy growing, learning, maturing and amazing us every day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glasses Update!

It’s been many months now, and I wanted to give an update on Eli’s new Brainwear glasses from the Mind Eye Institute! First of all- these gl...